Vasil Petleshkov - 1874 national community center in Bratsigovo
Updated: Mar 17
Vasil Petleshkov - 1874 national community center is located in the center of the town of Bratsigovo.
How to get here?
It was founded as a community center "Trendafil" on December 25, 1874 by Vasil Petleshkov.
The first chairman and biggest donor of the chitalishte is Vasil Petleshkov. This is where the local revolutionary committee meets.
Anna Gizdova makes the flag of the rebels from the Bratsigovo region.
During the rebel actions in the days of April Uprising, the cellar of the community center became a warehouse for food and weapons. The community center' figures are in the first ranks of the uprising.
During the first 23 years of its establishment the name of the community center has been changed many times.
In 1897 it was renamed "Budilnik" and remained with that name for 54 years.
In 1951, in honor of the 75th anniversary of the events of the April Uprising, the name of the community center was changed to Vasil Petleshkov.
In front of the community center is the Pantheon of Glory.
Have a nice walk around!
to feel and taste the full album with photo moments -